Careprost Plus Eye Drops
Careprost Plus Eye Drop has the main ingredient as bimatoprost. It is used to treat an eye condition called glaucoma wherein the pressure inside the eye increases.
Do not use this eye drop if you are allergic to its main ingredient or any other ingredients of this medicine. The dosage and duration of this medicine are decided by your eye specialist.
Some common side effects that you experience with this eye drop are paining, redness, and itching of the eyes. If the side effects continue for long or if you do not find any improvement in your eye condition, then get in touch with your doctor immediately.
Uses of Careprost Plus Eye Drops
The eye drops are used to treat aggravated pressure of the eyes. The condition is termed glaucoma.
Contraindications of the eye drops
Do not use the medicine if you are allergic to its main ingredient bimatoprost or other ingredients that the medicine contains.
Also, do not use eye drops if you are allergic to benzalkonium chloride.
Side effects of eye drops
- Pain in eyes
- Itchy eyes
- Blurred vision
- Darker skin color around the eyes
- Swelling/redness of eyes
- More Heavy growth of eyelashes
Directions for use
- Follow the instructions of your eye specialist for the dose.
- Try not to skip the doses
- Hands should be cleaned properly before and after using the drops
- Let the eyes be closed for about 2 to 3 minutes. Do not try to squeeze or blink.
- Do not let the eye dropper touch your eyes or fingers
- In case there is an excess liquid that sticks to your face, use a tissue to wipe it.
- Use the correct dose as suggested by the doctor.
If you end up putting an additional dose than prescribed, use water to rinse your eyes immediately. In case you consume the eye drops accidentally, get in touch with your healthcare provider immediately.
In case you forget to instill the eye drops, instill them immediately after you remember. Do not take an additional dose to settle the missed dose.
Q-Can I use this Careprost Plus Eye Drop during pregnancy?
There is limited data available about the safety of using this eye drop during pregnancy. Use the medicine as told by the doctor.
Q-Can I use this eye drop while I am breastfeeding?
There is not enough data available that speaks about whether the medicine is safe for breastfeeding women or not. So, do not use it unless your physician asks you to use it.
Q-Is it safe to drive if I have put on this Careprost Plus Eye Drop?
This eye drop will not affect your ability to drive. You may face blurred vision for a while after putting on the eyedrop. So, avoid driving till the time the vision is clear.
Q-Can I take alcohol with this Careprost Plus Eye Drop?
There is no information available on the interaction of this eye drop with alcohol. Hence, discuss with your physician before you consume alcohol while using the eye drop.
Q-When can you use this Careprost Plus Eye Drop?
The eye drop is a medicine that needs to be taken only with a prescription. So, follow the directions of the doctor for the correct dose & duration of the eye drop. Try not to self-medicate as it can have its repercussions.
Q-Can this Careprost Plus Eye Drop alter my eye color?
The use of this eye drop can alter the color of the iris of the eye under treatment. It may gradually turn browner. The color change is visible for a couple of months/years post the treatment starts. You may notice the eyelid skin color getting darkened.
Q-Can this Careprost Plus Eye Drop result in dry eyes?
In some cases, this eye drop can result in dry eyes. If that happens speak to your doctor if you dryness in your eyes is resulting in uneasiness.
Q-How long does it take for the Careprost Plus Eye Drop to show results?
It may take a minimum of 4 weeks for the eye drops to show the benefits and to get the maximum benefits it may take around 16 weeks. Make sure you have all the necessary information about this medicine before using it. Do not start using the medicine without the prescription of the doctor. Also, do not stop using the eye drops without the permission of the doctor.
Discuss with your physician if
- You are having a respiratory disease or viral infection
- You are suffering from low blood pressure or low heart rate
- You had undergone eye surgery anytime in the past or suffering from dry eyes.
- Do not let the eye drop touch the skin around your eyes or face as it can result in hair growth.
- You may notice the growth in eyelashes, dark skin on your eyelid, and hyperpigmentation of the iris.
- Do not wear contact lenses before putting on the eye drop and wear them 15-20 minutes after the application of the drop.