AZOPT EYE DROP
Brinzolamide Ophthalmic Suspension is the main ingredient in Azopt eye drop. The medication is used for eye care.
Uses of AZOPT EYE DROP
The medicine is used for glaucoma and its causes like high IOP. Also, medicine is used to treat a lot of other issues.
How does the AZOPT EYE DROP work?
The drug decreases the fluid present in the eye which reduces the pressure in the eyes.
Ajanta Pharma in India is the manufacturer of the eye drop - Azopt Eye Drop. The drug is available in online stores also.
Dosage form & Strength
The drug comes in the form of eye drops and its strength is
- “Azopt Eye Drop 1% Eye Drop – (5ml)”
Take care of the following precautions before using this drug
Avoid using the drug if
- You are allergic to the main ingredient present in the drug or any other ingredients.
Consult your doctor if
- You are planning pregnancy
- You are pregnant
- You are breastfeeding
- You are allergic to some medicines
- You are using some other eye drop
Use the drug only as advised by the doctor. Do not alter the dosage of the drug without informing the doctor. If you are using contact lenses, remove them first and put the drops after 15 minutes. Make sure you wash your hands properly before applying for the medicine. Follow the directions of the doctor to use the medicine.
How many days/weeks the medicine can be used?
The medicine should be used for the entire period as prescribed by the doctor. Else, it will cause negative effects on your eye.
Overdose of Azopt eye drop
Well, the overdose of the eye drop will not have any severe effects. But, you can speak to your physician if you overdose on the medicine to prevent any side effects
What if you miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, you can use the medicine immediately after you remember. Make sure there is enough break between the two doses.
Do not consume a double dose to compensate for the missed dose. To avoid the chances of missing the dose, apply for the medicine every day at the same time.
Side effects of Azopt eye drop
Common side effects of the medicine are
- Dropping eyelid
- Double vision
- Dry eyes
- Burning eye
- Bitter taste in your mouth
In case the side effects mentioned above turn severe, contact your doctor instantly.
Severe side effects of the medicine are
- Sensitivity to light
- Swollen eye
- Discomfort in the eye
- Redness in the eye
- Crusting of eyes/eyelids
After using the medicine, if you come across severe side effects seek immediate medical attention.
You can see interactions of some medicines with Brinzolamide Ophthalmic. Brinzolamide Ophthalmic is the main ingredient in this medicine. These interactions can intervene with the medicine. Hence, talk to your doctor about the medicines you are taking already. For example, salicylates like aspirin. It will interact with the main ingredient Brinzolamide Ophthalmic. It will affect the overall working of the medicine. Many other medicines also interact with this medicine.
Here are some useful tips that will help you get the basic information to use this medicine. Also, you will know about things you need to avoid while taking the medicine. Let us check out the tips
- If a person is suffering from similar symptoms as yours, do not share the eye drops with them.
- Do not use the medicine for any other purpose except its original purpose.
- Make sure you store the eye drops in a cool & dry place. Also, do not expose the medicine to moisture, light, or heat.
- You may face blurred eyes after applying for the medicine. So, do not perform any other tasks that need you to be alert. For example, operating machinery or driving.
- Avoid using any other eye drops when you are using this eye drop unless your doctor has prescribed you.
- If you are using any other eye drops, then keep a gap of a minimum of 10 minutes between the two eye drops.
- Do not touch the eye drop bottle’s tip. Be careful; do not let the tip touch the eye.
- Keep a distance between your eye and the drop while applying to avoid infections.
- Remove contact lenses while applying the eye drops. After removing the contact lenses wait for some time and then apply the medicine. After applying the medicine do not wear contact lenses for some time.
To get better results from this medicine, make sure you follow the doctor’s instructions, keep hand hygiene, and do not miss out on the prescribed dose. Continue applying the eye drop until the doctor asks you to. Do not stop the application of the medicine without consulting the doctor.