PRED FORT 1%
Quantity : 4 eye drop
PRED FORTE 1%
Pred Forte 1% consists of Prednisolone which is part of a group of medicines known as Corticosteroids. The medicine is used to treat eye inflammation in adults not caused due to bacterial, viral, or fungal particles. The medicine is also used to decrease the burning sensation and swelling redness of the eye that arises due to heat, allergy, radiation, specific chemicals, or external objects in the eye.
The eye drop is not safe to use in patients suffering from tuberculosis of the eye or who have a history of herpes simplex infection.
So, before using this medicine, check with your doctor if
- you are undergoing any eye treatment
- Have eye ulcers
- Had cataract surgery in the past
- Suffering from glaucoma
- history of cataract surgery
- you suffer from bacterial, viral, or fungal eye infections.
- You are a pregnant/breastfeeding woman
- Pred Forte is not ideal for use in children under 12 years.
Make sure the eye drop bottle is not used by multiple individuals. One bottle should be used by one person only to avoid the spread of infection. The eye drop bottle should be closed tightly when you are not using it. Keep the bottle away from children.
Make sure you do not use this eye drop for longer than it is suggested by the doctor as it can result in secondary infection or glaucoma.
You can witness some side effects like stomach problems or mood changes when you begin using it. If these symptoms are troublesome for you, speak to the physician.
Make sure you do not discontinue the drops without asking your doctor as it can make your condition even worse.
How to use Pred Forte 1% suspension?
It is a steroid. It blocks the building of some chemical messages that turn the eye itchy, swollen, or red.
- Wash Your Hands: Start by thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water. This helps prevent any contamination.
- Shake the Bottle: Before using the Pred Forte 1% suspension, gently shake the bottle. This ensures that the medication is properly mixed.
- Tilt Your Head Back: Tilt your head slightly backward, looking up at the ceiling.
- Pull Down Your Lower Eyelid: Use your index finger to gently pull down your lower eyelid, creating a small pocket.
- Administer the Drops: Hold the bottle upside down with the other hand. With a steady hand, squeeze the bottle to release a single drop into the pocket formed by your lower eyelid. Be careful not to let the dropper touch your eye or any other surface, as this can contaminate the medication.
- Close Your Eye: Close your eye gently and keep it closed for a moment. This allows the medication to spread evenly across the surface of your eye.
- Apply Pressure: Use clean tissue or your fingertip to apply gentle pressure to the inner corner of your eye (near your nose) for about 1-2 minutes. This helps prevent the medication from draining into your tear duct and being absorbed systemically.
- Avoid Blinking: Try to avoid blinking excessively immediately after administering the drop. This allows the medication to stay in contact with your eye's surface.
- Repeat if Necessary: If your doctor has prescribed more than one drop, wait for a few minutes (as advised by your healthcare provider) before applying the next drop. Remember to repeat the same steps.
- Replace the Cap: After using the medication, make sure to securely replace the cap on the bottle. This helps prevent contamination and keeps the medication effective.
- Wash Hands Again: Once you're done applying the drops, wash your hands once more to remove any residue.
It's important to follow your doctor's specific instructions for using Pred Forte 1% suspension. If you have any questions or concerns about the usage, don't hesitate to reach out to your healthcare provider for clarification.
Side effects of using Pred Forte 1% eye drops:
Common Side Effects:
- Temporary Eye Discomfort: Some individuals may experience mild discomfort, burning, or stinging in the eyes after applying the drops.
- Blurred Vision: Temporary blurred vision may occur immediately after using the eye drops. Avoid activities like driving until your vision clears.
- Increased Tear Production: You might notice watery eyes or increased tear production as a response to the eye drops.
- Eye Irritation: Mild irritation or itching in the eyes may occur, particularly during the initial stages of treatment.
- Dry Eyes: Paradoxically, some users might experience temporary dryness or a gritty sensation in the eyes.
- Sensitivity to Light: Increased sensitivity to light (photophobia) could occur temporarily.
Less Common Side Effects: While less common, the following side effects may occur:
- Eye Allergy: Some individuals might develop an allergic reaction to eye drops, leading to symptoms like itching, redness, and swelling.
- Eye Pain: In rare cases, some users might experience mild eye pain or discomfort.
- Eye Surface Changes: Pred Forte 1% eye drops might cause minor changes to the surface of the eye, such as the cornea.
Severe Side Effects (Rare): Although rare, severe side effects are possible. If you experience any of the following, seek medical attention immediately:
- Severe Eye Irritation: If the irritation or discomfort becomes severe or persistent, consult a healthcare professional.
- Severe Allergic Reaction: Symptoms of a severe allergic reaction include severe itching, swelling, severe redness, difficulty breathing, or a rash.
- Vision Changes: Sudden changes in vision, severe eye pain, or persistent blurry vision should be addressed promptly.
It's essential to communicate with your healthcare provider if you experience any side effects while using Pred Forte 1% eye drops. Your doctor can provide guidance on whether the side effects are normal, require further evaluation, or warrant discontinuation of the medication.
Remember that individual responses to medications can vary, and not everyone will experience the same side effects. Adhering to the recommended dosage and proper application technique can help minimize the risk of adverse reactions. If you have any concerns about the side effects or your overall eye health, consult your healthcare provider for personalized guidance.
Warning and Precautions
Breastfeeding women should use the eye drop with caution. It is better to communicate with your doctor before you use the eye drop.
Pregnant women or women planning for pregnancy should use this eye drop only after discussing it with the doctor.
Driving/operating heavy machines
Avoid using heavy machines or indulging in driving while you are on Pred Forte eye drops as it results in blurred vision for a temporary period.
If you are allergic to benzalkonium chloride, prednisolone, or any other ingredients present in this medicine, do not use this medicine.
Use in children
Eye drops are not suitable for use in children below 12 years as they can affect their fertility in the future. Ask your doctor for appropriate advice.
Use in elderly people
Pred Forte should be used with utmost caution in elderly people that is 65 years and more. They should ask the doctor before using the eye drop.
Tell your physician if you are taking any of the medicines listed below
- Other steroid eye drops -loteprednol, hydrocortisone, and dexamethasone
- Cobicistat, Ritonavir
If you use Pred Forte for the long term, it can lead to cataracts/high intraocular pressure in the eyes, So, use the medicine with caution if you had cataracts in the past or suffering from glaucoma.
Overdosage of Pred Forte 1% eye drop
In case you used the eye drops more than the prescribed dose accidentally, rinse the eyes using clean water and get in touch with your eye specialist or visit the nearest hospital immediately.
Benzalkonium chloride can be soaked up by soft contact lenses. It can alter the color of the contact lenses. So, remove contact lenses if you are using them before the application of this medicine. Wear them back 15 minutes after the application of this eye drop.
Benzalkonium chloride can lead to eye irritation, especially in the case of patients having eye disorders (of the cornea) or dry eyes. In case you experience unusual eye sensations, pain, or stinging in the eye after the application of this eye drop, connect with your doctor instantly.
Q1. What is Pred Forte 1% and how does it work?A1: Pred Forte 1% contains Prednisolone, which belongs to the group of medicines known as Corticosteroids. It's used to treat eye inflammation in adults, not caused by bacterial, viral, or fungal particles. Pred Forte 1% helps decrease burning, swelling, and redness of the eye due to factors like heat, allergy, radiation, chemicals, or foreign objects. It works by blocking certain chemical messages that lead to eye irritation and redness.
Q2. Who should avoid using Pred Forte 1% eye drops?A2: Pred Forte 1% eye drops are not safe for individuals with tuberculosis of the eye or a history of herpes simplex infection. People with bacterial, viral, or fungal eye infections, those undergoing eye treatment, or individuals with a history of cataract surgery should consult their doctor before using these eye drops. Pregnant or breastfeeding women should also check with their healthcare provider before using Pred Forte.
Q3. What precautions should I take while using Pred Forte 1% suspension?A3: To properly use Pred Forte 1% suspension:
- Wash hands thoroughly.
- Gently shake the bottle to mix the medication.
- Tilt your head back and pull down the lower eyelid.
- Squeeze a drop into the pocket formed by the eyelid.
- Close your eye gently and apply pressure near the inner corner.
- Avoid excessive blinking.
- If needed, repeat after a few minutes.
- Replace the cap securely and wash your hands. Follow your doctor's instructions for the best results.
Q4. What are the common side effects of Pred Forte 1% eye drops?A4: Common side effects may include temporary eye discomfort, blurred vision, increased tear production, mild eye irritation, temporary dry eyes, and sensitivity to light. These are generally mild and temporary.
Q5. What less common side effects might I experience when using Pred Forte 1%?A5: Less common side effects may include eye allergy symptoms (itching, redness, swelling), mild eye pain or discomfort, and minor changes to the eye surface such as the cornea. These side effects are not as frequently observed.
Q6. What severe side effects should I watch out for while using Pred Forte 1%?A6: Severe side effects, although rare, may include severe eye irritation or discomfort, severe allergic reactions (itching, swelling, difficulty breathing), and sudden vision changes. If you experience any of these, seek immediate medical attention.
Q7. What precautions should pregnant and breastfeeding women take with Pred Forte 1% eye drops?A7: Pregnant and breastfeeding women should consult their doctor before using Pred Forte 1% eye drops. It's important to discuss potential risks and benefits with a healthcare provider.
Q8. Can I use Pred Forte 1% eye drops if I'm planning to drive or operate heavy machinery?A8: Avoid driving or operating heavy machinery while using Pred Forte 1% eye drops, as they can cause temporary blurred vision.
Q9. Can children use Pred Forte 1% eye drops?A9: Pred Forte 1% eye drops are not suitable for children under 12 years of age. Consult a doctor for appropriate advice regarding pediatric eye care.
Q10. What should I do if I accidentally use more than the prescribed dose of Pred Forte 1% eye drops?A10: If you accidentally use more than the prescribed dose, rinse your eyes with clean water and contact your eye specialist or visit the nearest hospital immediately. It's crucial to seek medical assistance in such cases.
Pred Forte 1% offers a potent solution for managing eye inflammation in adults caused by various factors except bacterial, viral, or fungal particles. Its active ingredient, Prednisolone, falls under the Corticosteroid group and effectively reduces burning, redness, and swelling triggered by heat, allergies, radiation, chemicals, or foreign objects. The careful administration of Pred Forte 1% suspension, following precise steps to ensure proper application, is crucial for optimal results. While potential side effects range from temporary discomfort to less common changes in the eye's surface, severe reactions are rare and require immediate medical attention. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, individuals with specific medical histories, and those using certain medications should exercise caution when using Pred Forte. Consulting a healthcare provider is vital for personalized guidance and addressing concerns. The medication's efficacy, combined with adherence to prescribed dosages and usage techniques, can significantly mitigate risks and ensure improved eye health.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.