Azelast Eye Drops
Quantity : 1 Eye Drop/s
Azelast Eye Drops(Azelastine)
Eye allergic reaction makes our life very problematic. Due to this problem, redness, inflammation, and swelling are seen in the eyes. In this case, you have been recommended to take Azelast Eye drops(Azelastine), which is an antihistaminic eye medicine. It works to treat inflammation, such as redness and swelling. But, before taking it, you need to know that short-term medicine prevents sudden allergic reactions in the eye. So you should avoid taking longer time than the recommended dose.
What are Azelastine HCL eye drops used for?
The Azelast(Azelastine)Eye Drop is prescribed to prevent eye allergy symptoms, such as redness, itching, discomfort, watering of the eyes, etc. It can treat these symptoms by decreasing the production of certain chemicals in your eyes. It is the main responsible for creating inflammation. The eye drops make it easier to lead a healthy life. If you want to get the utmost benefit, you have to take the prescribed dose.
Azelastine eye drops brand nameThe brand name for Azelastine eye drops is "Optivar.
Azelast eye drops Generic nameThe generic name for Azelast eye drops is simply "Azelastine eye drops.
Azelast Eye Drop Benefits
Azelast Eye Drops(Azelastine) is a trusted ophthalmic solution primarily used to relieve symptoms associated with allergic conjunctivitis, commonly known as eye allergies. The active ingredient, azelastine hydrochloride, works as an antihistamine, effectively reducing itching, redness, and discomfort in the eyes caused by allergens like pollen, pet dander, or dust. These eye drops provide quick and long-lasting relief, allowing individuals to enjoy clear, comfortable vision. By minimizing allergic reactions in the eyes, Azelastine eye drops promote eye health, lessen discomfort, and enhance overall well-being, making them an essential addition to an allergy management plan.
Azelastine eye drops dosageThe typical dosage of Azelastine eye drops for adults and children over the age of 3 is one drop in each affected eye, twice a day, roughly 8 to 12 hours apart. However, dosages may vary based on individual medical conditions and healthcare provider recommendations.
If you miss a dose of Azelastine eye drops, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's close to the time for your next scheduled dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not double up on doses to make up for a missed dose of eye drops azelastine.
OverdoseIf you suspect an overdose of Azelast eye drops, seek medical attention immediately. Overdose symptoms may include excessive eye redness, burning, or discomfort. It's important to use eye drops azelastine as directed to avoid potential adverse effects.
How Does Azelast Eye Drop Work?
Belongs to the anti-allergic group of medicine, the eye drop prevents the allergy reaction in the eye by blocking the production of a certain chemical messenger. So after using azelastine ophthalmic solution for a few days, redness, itching, and watery eyes can be removed.
Before You Use Azelast Eye Drop(Azelastine)
You have to ensure that:
- You have an allergy to the active ingredient of the Azelast Eye Drops
- You have an allergy to different substances
- The eye drops cannot affect the mother and baby; they need to be taken during pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- It interacts with the medicines you have to take regularly
When not To take Azelastine eye drops
You should avoid taking Azelast eye drops if you:
- have Allergic or Hypersensitive
- If you need to take some medicines or supplements that increase the risks of allergy or sunburn
- If you are pregnant or deciding to get pregnant or involved in Breastfeeding
Tell Your Doctor If You
You should inform Your Doctor If:
- have an allergy to the active ingredient of the azelastine ophthalmic solution such as Sulphamide
- if you need to take other medicines for your eye
- in case you experience swelling, redness, itching, discomfort, pain, or other severe inflammation in the eye.
- If you need to go to any Eye Surgery
- In case you are suffering from other infections, such as viral infection
- If you are using any Herbal or OTC products
- If you have any pre-existing eye problem
How much Of Azelast Eye Drop(Azelastine) should be applied?
You are advised to take the eye medicine per your doctor's prescription. One should be careful about taking the larger and smaller dose than the prescribed dose. You should try not to miss a dose or overdose in between the medicine course.
For how long should you continue applying Azelast eye drops?
Azelastine ophthalmic solution must be taken as long as the eye specialist directs. Moreover, you can notice its effects in 2-3 days to weeks. You should not stop taking the eye solution in between that. If you feel better, you have to inform your doctor. He stops the dose gradually.
Side effects of the Azelast(Azelastine) eye drop
The eye drops have some normal side effects which do not need any medical attention. It may disappear after adjusting to the eye solution with your body. If it persists for a long time, you may consult with your doctor.
Some Common side effects of Azelastine eye drops
- Burning sensation in the eye
- Watery eyes
Drugs Interact With Azelast Eye Drop
Taking OTC medications, herbal supplements, vitamins, or any other substances may change the drug's efficacy. These substances react with each other and create an allergic or severe reaction.
The Azelast eye drops may interact with diseases such as
- Kidney disease
- Neurological disorder
The Azelast Eye Drop should not be used in the health condition
- Hypersensitive conditions or allergy
- You should be very cautious about Kidney problems and old age people
- Children below 2 years cannot take it, and you should be careful during pregnancy or Breastfeeding
Warning and Precautions
- You should Stop taking Azelast Eye Drops and consult your doctor if the allergy persists in the body for a long time.
- You should be very careful about using the expired product.
- The elderly and children need to be very careful about using drugs.
- Try to keep the Eye Drops in perfect condition.
- You should keep it out of the reach and sight of the children.
Things To Remember
When using Azelastine eye drops, keep these points in mind:
- Wash your hands before application.
- Tilt your head back and look upward.
- Gently pull down your lower eyelid to create a small pocket.
- Hold the dropper above your eye and squeeze one drop into the pocket.
- Close your eyes and gently press your finger against the corner to prevent drainage.
- Do not touch your eye with the dropper tip to avoid contamination.
- Wait for a few minutes before using other eye drops.
- Keep the bottle tightly closed and store it as directed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get azelastine eye drops over the counter?
Azelast eye drops are typically available only by prescription. They are not commonly available over the counter, and obtaining them would usually require a prescription from a healthcare provider.
Can I take azelastine HCL drops during pregnancy?The use of Azelastine eye drops during pregnancy should be discussed with a healthcare provider. They can assess the potential benefits versus risks and determine if it is safe for your specific situation.
What is Optivar generic name?The generic name for Optivar is "Azelastine eye drops." It contains the active ingredient azelastine hydrochloride and is used to relieve eye allergy symptoms.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Take the missed dose as you remember and if Azelast Eye Drops are the time for your next dose then skip the previous one. But do not overdose.
What happens if I overdose Azelast Eye drops?
In case of overdose contact your doctor for medical help.
What should I avoid while taking Azelastine Eye Drops?
You Should avoid wearing contact lenses till the allergic symptoms subside, and the required course period of the medicine ends.
What are the other drugs that can affect Azelastine?
Certain drugs might interact with azelastine, therefore, always inform your doctors about the drugs or injections you are taking. That includes prescriptions or over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and herbal medicines.
Are Azelast eye drops safe to use?
Yes, It is safe to use if you have taken the advice of your health expert before use.
Is azelast eye drop effective?
Yes, It is a very effective drug but you should take it as your doctor suggests.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.