Ketorolac ( Toradol) DT 10 mg
Quantity : 90 Pills
Ketorolac (Toradol) DT 10mg
Ketorolac DT 10mg works great in relieving different types of pain. It is one of the best medicines for short-term severe or intense pain management, including joint pain, tooth pain, post-surgery pain, and muscle pain. Containing ketorolac, the tablet stops the production of the substance that causes pain. Beyond the pain, it is also prescribed to prevent fever, inflammation, etc. it is a highly effective medicine to treat these problems.
How to use Ketorolac DT 10mg?
Don't go with self-treatment. It is important to take pills according to the doctor's prescription. You cannot use the tablet for a prolonged duration to treat minor pain. Ketorolac DT 10mg can give you the best result if you take the whole tablet orally with a glass of water, don't crush or break it, as directed by your doctor. Before taking it, ask your doctor or pharmacist again about the dose, and read the packaging label. You can take it with or without food; there is no restriction.
The medicine can be found in tablet, injection, and cream form. So it is best to take it as per the doctor's prescription. The dose of the medicine is based on age, body weight, medical condition, and how your body responds to the treatment. Before taking medicine, you should inform the doctor if you have any medical history, are pregnant, or are involved in breastfeeding. The tablet is not usually prescribed for a preventive measure of significant surgery.
Medicinal benefits of the tablet
Belongs to the group of medicines known as Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs or NSAIDs, it is used in the short-term management of severe pain. Containing ketorolac tromethamine works by inhibiting certain chemical messengers of the body. Prostaglandins are that checreatehich create pain and inflammation in the body.
The Side effects of Ketorolac DT 10mg
Minor side effects of the tablet:
The doctor usually prescribes the medicine depending on the medical condition. Most of the side effects are expected to disappear from the body after using some days. Ketorolac DT 10mg has some side effects, such as
- stomach upset
- constipation, gas,
Long-term use of the medicine may cause serious complications, including stomach bleeding and kidney problems. In this case, you have to inform your doctor.
The medicine can last a long time safe keep it safe. You should keep it away from several factors, such as moisture, extreme heat, and direct sunlight. You have to keep it a safe distance from the reach of children and pets. Don't forget to check the manufacturing and expiry date, which is extremely important.
Standard warning and precaution of the tablet:
- If you have recent heart surgery, you cannot take Ketorolac DT 10mg.
- You should avoid taking them if you are pregnant or involved in breastfeeding.
- Children below 16 years cannot take medicine as its safety and efficacy for children have not been established.
- You should avoid consuming alcohol while using Ketorolac DT 10mg. The tablet may create dizziness or drowsiness.
- The medicine may also enhance the risk of stomach bleeding.
You should inform your physician about your health condition and medicines to remove the side effects.
- You should avoid the tablet if you are allergic to different substances;
- If you suffer from different problems, you should avoid the medicine. These are asthma, heart problems, stomach ulcer or perforation, bleeding problems, bypass surgery, heart attack, blood circulation problems, or inflammation of the intestines.
- The medicine can be risky for patients with recent heart surgery. It can increase the risk of a fatal heart attack or stroke.
- If you have high blood pressure, high blood sugar, heart problems, high cholesterol, diabetes, asthma, liver and kidney problems.
- It is the best decision to avoid the medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Ketorolac DT 10mg may lead to dizziness, so you must avoid driving after taking the medicine.
- You have to stop taking table if you feel stomach pain or signs of intestine or stomach bleeding, including blood in stools. You have to inform your doctor if you feel such type of problem.
- Drug-Drug Interactions: Ketorolac DT 10mg Tablet can be risky with a blood thinner such as warfarin, heparin, antipsychotic agent, other pain killers such as aspirin, uricosuric (probenecid), anti-pregestational steroids.
- Drug-Food Interactions: The Tablet may interact with alcohol. It causes dizziness, drowsiness, and risk of stomach bleeding. So alcohol can be risky with it.
Some FAQs of the medicines
What is the Ketorolac (Toradol) DT 10mg tablet used for?
Ketorolac DT 10mg is prescribed to prevent mild to severe pain for a short-term period. It can reduce the problems like discomfort, swelling, and fever. You cannot take it to prevent moderate or long-term pain.
Is Ketorol DT good for a toothache?
You need to take a Ketorolac DT 10mg every 4 to 6 hours for 5 days, as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken to treat a toothache. You should use the medicine with a glass of water. It is recommended to wait to lie down for 10-15 minutes after taking it. If your toothache persists for 5 days, you should visit the dentist.
Can I take 2 Ketorolac DT 10mg at a time?
Ketorolac DT 10mg belongs to the group of medicine known as a painkiller. So it can be risky to take two painkiller medicines at a time. It can increase the risk of bleeding and ulcers. So, taking 2 medicines at a time is not suggested.
Can I take Ketorolac DT empty stomach?
If you take it to reduce the stomach upset, you need to take the ketorolac tablets with food and an antacid.
Is Ketorolac DT 10mg good for headaches?
Research is happening on seventeen (74%) patients, and it is reported that it can decrease headaches. It was significant after 1 hour of taking the tablet. It can relieve you a minimum of 6 hours after injection.
Is Ketorol DT a Steriod?
No, Ketorol DT is not a steroid. It is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.