Imatinib 100mg Tablet comes from a group of medicines called a protein enzyme, bcr-abl tyrosine Kinase inhibitors. It is used in the treatment of blood cancer; chronic myeloid leukemia and Acute lymphocytic leukemia, gastrointestinal stromal tumor, and Myelodysplastic/myeloproliferative harmful diseases.
How it treats Blood cancer?
Leukemia is cancer that hinders the body's good health, Imatinib 100mg Tablet kills or prevents the proliferation of cancer cells. Always remain hydrated while you are under the medication. This is pretty powerful medicine and the treatment needs utmost guidance from the physician.
How it treats Gastrointestinal stromal tumors?
A gastrointestinal stromal tumor (GIST) is a tumor that forms mostly in the stomach or small intestine. It further develops into the specialized cells called interstitial cells of Cajal (ICCs). Imatinib 100mg Tablet kills or prevents the proliferation of the cancer cells. Always, discuss the know and how of the medicines with your doctor.
The side effects of this medicine include edema, nausea, vomiting, muscle cramps, musculoskeletal pain, diarrhea, skin infections or inflammation, tiredness, and stomach ache. Visit the nearest healthcare facility if you experience unexpected and uncontrollable health hazards. It will lead to regular monitoring of your health. Your doctor may advise regular monitoring of blood cells and liver function during your medication. Driving under medicines can give you blurry vision which is quite life-threatening.
How does it work?
Imatinib 100mg Tablet is advised to be taken with food and during the same time every day to avail most of its benefits. The duration of the medication depends on the doctor's advice and suggestions. The wrong intake of medicines can cause serious health hazards and to prevent that beforehand, it's always safe to consult a physician regarding the same.
First and foremost, inform your doctor and pharmacist about your medical history and current health conditions. The tablet should be taken with food to get most of the benefit. Do not stop the medication midway. The continuity or duration of the medication should be suggested by your doctor.
*If you miss a dose of Imatinib 100mg Tablet, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose. In case you overdose, visit the nearest healthcare Centre.
- Rash or skin infection
- Muscle cramps
- Abdominal Pain or stomach ache
- Swelling around the eyes or even sore eyes
- Shortness of breath and restlessness
- Regular fast heartbeat
- Severe abdominal pain
- Water retention
- Rapid weight gain
- Do not consume alcohol with the tablet. It could turn out to have a serious health effect. Keep your doctor in the loop of your activities.
- Avoid intake of the tablet during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Inform your physician about the current medical health condition. Do not take the medicines without the doctor's recommendation. Discuss the benefits and risks with the doctor.
- In case of any health hazards related to liver or kidney disorders, always remember to consult a doctor. There could be an arrangement for dose adjustments.