Product Code : v-care1218
Quantity : 60 Pills
Cardivas 12.5 mg is a medication that falls under the category of beta-blockers. It is primarily prescribed to individuals with hypertension, angina, or certain heart rhythm irregularities. The active component in Cardivas 12.5 mg is carvedilol, which exerts its effects by blocking certain stress hormones that can strain the heart.
How Does Cardivas 12.5Mg Work?
Cardivas 12.5 mg operates by dilating blood vessels, thus reducing the workload on the heart. This dual-action medication not only helps to lower blood pressure but also enhances the heart's efficiency by regulating its rhythm. By doing so, Cardivas 12.5mg contributes to better heart function and an improved overall cardiovascular system.
Benefits of Cardivas 12.5 mg
- Blood Pressure Regulation: Cardivas 12.5mg is renowned for its ability to effectively manage high blood pressure, a significant risk factor for heart diseases.
- Angina Management: Individuals dealing with angina, characterized by chest pain or discomfort, can experience relief with Cardivas 12.5mg, as it improves blood flow to the heart.
- Heart Failure Support: This medication can be a valuable addition to the treatment regimen of patients with heart failure, aiding in symptom alleviation and enhanced heart function.
- Arrhythmia Control: Cardivas 12.5 mg's impact on heart rhythm regulation makes it beneficial for those with certain arrhythmias, ensuring a steadier heartbeat.
Uses of Cardivas 12.5Mg
Cardivas 12.5 mg uses finds its application in the management of various cardiovascular conditions:
- Hypertension: This medication is commonly prescribed to individuals with high blood pressure. By relaxing blood vessels and reducing cardiac strain, Cardivas 12.5 mg helps maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
- Angina: Angina, characterized by chest pain due to reduced blood flow to the heart, can be alleviated with Cardivas 12.5mg. The medication improves blood flow, providing relief from angina symptoms.
Side Effects of Cardivas 12.5 Tablet
Common side effects of Cardivas 12.5 tablet may include:
- Dizziness or Lightheadedness: Carvedilol can lower blood pressure, which may lead to feelings of dizziness or lightheadedness, especially when standing up quickly.
- Fatigue: Some individuals might experience increased tiredness or lack of energy while taking this medication.
- Slow Heart Rate: Carvedilol can cause the heart rate to slow down, leading to a feeling of a slower heartbeat.
- Nausea: Some people may experience mild nausea as a side effect.
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea can occur in some individuals after taking Cardivas 12.5 tablet.
- Low Blood Pressure: While controlling hypertension is the goal, in some cases, blood pressure may drop too low, causing symptoms like dizziness, fainting, or blurry vision.
- Shortness of Breath: Carvedilol may affect lung function in some individuals, causing shortness of breath, especially in those with pre-existing lung conditions.
- Weight Gain: Some people might experience slight weight gain while taking this medication.
- Cold Hands and Feet: Carvedilol can affect blood circulation, leading to sensations of coldness in the extremities.
- Changes in Blood Sugar Levels: Carvedilol may influence blood sugar levels, potentially causing issues for people with diabetes.
- Depression: While uncommon, some individuals might experience changes in mood, including feelings of depression or low mood.
- Impotence (Erectile Dysfunction): This can occur as a side effect in some men taking Carvedilol.
Cardivas 12.5 mg Dosage & How to Take
Dosage: The dosage of Cardivas 12.5 Tablet can vary based on the individual's medical condition and the doctor's recommendation. Generally, the initial dose for adults is 12.5 mg once daily. Your healthcare professional might modify the dosage depending on how you react to the treatment and the possibility of encountering any adverse effects.
How to Take: Follow these steps when taking Cardivas 12.5 Tablet
- Timing: Take the tablet at the same time each day to maintain a consistent level of the medication in your body.
- Administration: Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water.
- Food: You can take Cardivas with or without food. However, if you experience stomach upset, taking it with food might help.
- Consistency: Try to take the medication regularly to ensure its effectiveness. Missing doses can affect your treatment outcome.
- Consultation: If you have any concerns about the dosage or the way to take Cardivas 12.5 Tablet, speak to your doctor or pharmacist for clarification.
- Duration: Continue taking the medication for the prescribed duration, even if you start feeling better. Stopping abruptly might worsen your condition.
- Doctor's Instructions: If your doctor decides to adjust your dosage or make any changes to your medication regimen, make sure to follow their instructions carefully.
Precautions and Considerations
Before starting Cardivas 12.5 medicine, inform your healthcare provider about any existing medical conditions or medications you're taking. This ensures a comprehensive assessment of potential interactions or contraindications.
Interactions with Other Medications
Cardivas 12.5 medicine may interact with certain medications, such as calcium channel blockers or other blood pressure-lowering agents. Your doctor will carefully evaluate any possible drug interactions before prescribing Cardivas 12.5 mg.
Cardivas 12.5 mg composition
Cardivas 12.5 mg composition contains the active ingredient carvedilol. Carvedilol is a beta-blocker that exerts its effects on the cardiovascular system. It works by blocking certain stress hormones, which leads to the dilation of blood vessels and a reduction in heart rate. This dual mechanism helps lower blood pressure and ease the workload on the heart.
Cardivas 12.5 Tablet Contraindications
Cardivas 12.5 Tablet is contraindicated in individuals with known hypersensitivity to Carvedilol or any of its components. It should not be used in patients with bronchial asthma, severe bradycardia (slow heart rate), heart block greater than first degree, decompensated heart failure requiring intravenous inotropic therapy, or cardiogenic shock. Additionally, Cardivas 12.5 Tablet is not recommended for use in pediatric patients. Contraindications are situations in which the medication should not be used due to potential risks to the patient's health.
Price Range of Cardivas 12.5 mg
Cardivas 12.5 price can vary based on factors such as location, pharmacy, and whether you're purchasing a generic or brand-name version. Generally, generic medications tend to be more affordable. It's advisable to compare prices from different sources and inquire about insurance coverage to make an informed decision.
Precautions and Safety Measures
Before starting Cardivas 12.5 medicine, inform your
healthcare provider about:
• Your current medical history, particularly if it involves conditions related to the heart.
• All other prescriptions, over-the-counter products, and supplements you're currently using
Storage of Cardivas 12.5 Tablet
- Temperature: Store Cardivas 12.5 tablet at room temperature, away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Moisture: Keep the tablets in their original packaging or container to protect them from moisture.
- Childproof Container: Store the medication in a childproof container, out of reach of children and pets.
- Avoid Bathroom Storage: Do not store the tablets in the bathroom, as moisture and humidity in the bathroom can affect the medication's efficacy.
- Medication Information: Keep the original packaging with all the medication information, including dosage instructions and potential side effects.
Safety Advice for Taking Cardivas 12.5mg Tablet
- Prescription Only: Cardivas 12.5 tablet is a prescription medication. Always take it as prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- Follow Dosage Instructions: Take the tablet exactly as directed by your doctor. Do not increase or decrease the dose without consulting them.
- Regular Check-ups: Attend all scheduled medical appointments to monitor your response to the medication and discuss any concerns with your doctor.
- Combining Medications: Inform your doctor about all the medications, supplements, and herbal products you are taking, as certain combinations can lead to adverse reactions.
- Blood Pressure Monitoring: If you're taking Cardivas for hypertension, monitor your blood pressure regularly as advised by your doctor.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: If you're taking Cardivas for heart conditions, pay attention to your heart rate and report any irregularities to your doctor.
- Do Not Abruptly Stop: Do not stop taking Cardivas suddenly without your doctor's approval, as this could lead to rebound effects or worsened symptoms.
- Driving and Machinery: Be cautious if you experience dizziness or fatigue while taking Cardivas, as it may affect your ability to drive or operate machinery safely.
- Alcohol Interaction: Limit alcohol consumption while on Cardivas, as alcohol can intensify certain side effects of the medication.
- Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: If you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or breastfeeding, discuss the risks and benefits of Cardivas with your doctor.
- Allergies: Inform your doctor about any allergies you have before taking Cardivas.
Substitutes for Cardivas 12.5mg Tablet
Substitutes for Cardivas 12.5 tablet may contain the same active ingredient (Carvedilol) or a different active ingredient with similar therapeutic effects. It's important to consult your doctor before switching to any substitute medication. Some potential substitutes for Cardivas 12.5 tablet may include:
- Carca 12.5 Tablet
- Carvedex 12.5 Tablet
- Carvistar 12.5 Tablet
- Carvedil 12.5 Tablet
Complementing the medication with a heart-healthy lifestyle can amplify its benefits. Incorporating a balanced diet, regular exercise, stress management, and smoking cessation can significantly contribute to your cardiovascular well-being.
Monitoring and Follow-up
Regular check-ups and monitoring are vital when taking Cardivas 12.5 mg. Your healthcare provider will assess your response to the medication, make necessary adjustments, and ensure its continued suitability
FAQs about Cardivas 12.5mg
Q: What if you forget to take Cardivas Tablet?A: Forgetting to take your Cardivas tablet can disrupt the medication's effectiveness. It's important to maintain a consistent schedule to ensure proper control of blood pressure and heart health. If you miss a dose, consult your healthcare provider for guidance on how to proceed.
Q: Can Cardivas 12.5 Tablet cause kidney failure?
A: Cardivas 12.5 Tablet generally doesn't lead to kidney failure. However, consult your doctor if you have pre-existing kidney issues or notice any unusual symptoms.
Q: What if I take more than the recommended dose of Cardivas 12.5 Tablet?A: Taking more than the recommended dose of Cardivas 12.5 Tablet can be harmful. If you suspect an overdose, promptly seek medical help without delay.
Q: How does Cardivas 12.5 Tablet 10's work?
A: Cardivas 12.5 Tablet works by blocking certain receptors, leading to blood vessel relaxation and decreased blood pressure. It also improves heart efficiency and helps manage heart failure.
Q: Can CARDIVAS 12.5 MG be taken with other medications?
A: It's essential to inform your healthcare provider about all medications you're taking to avoid potential interactions. They can determine the best treatment plan for you.
Q: What's the expected timeframe for observing outcomes?
A: The timeline for noticeable results can vary. Some individuals may experience improvements within weeks, while others might take longer. Patience is key.
Q: Are there lifestyle changes to complement CARDIVAS 12.5 MG?
A: Yes, adopting a heart-healthy lifestyle can enhance the medication's effectiveness. This includes a balanced diet, regular exercise, and stress management.
Q: Can CARDIVAS 12.5 MG completely cure heart conditions?
A: CARDIVAS 12.5 MG can effectively manage symptoms and reduce risks, but it's not a cure. Continuation of the medication as prescribed is important for sustained benefits.
Q: Are there any dietary restrictions while on CARDIVAS 12.5 MG?
A: While there are no strict dietary restrictions, reducing sodium intake can complement the medication's effects, especially for blood pressure management.
Q: Can pregnant individuals take CARDIVAS 12.5 MG?
A: Pregnant individuals should consult their healthcare provider before using CARDIVAS 12.5 MG, as its safety during pregnancy hasn't been established.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.