Altraz 1 mg
Quantity : 28 Tablets
ALTRAZ 1MG TABLET
this medcine is used to treat early hormone receptor-positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women, it is generally prescribed alone or with other treatments like chemotherapy and surgery. It is also prescribed as the first line of treatment for advanced breast cancer, or cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
Hormone Receptor-Positive Breast Cancer
Breast cancer tumors are either hormone receptor-positive or negative. These cancers require estrogen or progesterone, or sometimes both of the hormones to grow. According to studies around 75% of patients suffering from post-menopausal symptoms develop hormone receptor-positive cancer.
Hormone receptor-positive cancers grow slowly compared to hormone receptor-negative cancers. Women with hormone receptor-positive have a better outlook in a shorter period, but these cancers can often come back after years of treatment. The healthcare provider will perform a biopsy and laboratory testing to determine the cancer type and its treatment.
· Prevents the growth of breast cancer in post-menopausal women
- Hot flashes
- Rashes on the skin
- Weight gain
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
Please consult your doctor if the symptoms become severe or they persist for a long time.
Severe side effects:
- Bone pain
- Soft bones
- Stiffness in joints
- Inflammation in hands or feet
- Mood swings
- Unusual vaginal discharge
- Vaginal bleeding
How Altraz works
Altraz contains Anastrazole that belongs to a group of medicines called aromatase inhibitors which are used to treat breast cancer. Oestrogens are responsible for stimulating the growth of breast cancer. It works by inhibiting enzyme aromatase which produces the oestrogen hormones, which results in a reduction of oestrogen levels in the body. This prevents the growth of cancer and stops it from spreading throughout the body.
How to use
This mouth is taken orally, swallowed whole, does not chew or crush the medicine. It can be taken with or without food, as directed by the medical professional. The recommended dose is one tablet per day. Do not increase the dose, or use it for a longer period than the prescribed time, it will not improve your condition but your chances of developing severe symptoms might increase.
- Interactions of the drug with alcohol are unknown. Please consult the doctor.
- Altraz is unsafe to use while pregnancies as there are evidence of harmful effects of the drug on the fetus. The doctor might prescribe in life-threatening instances, therefore please consult your doctor.
- Altraz is unsafe to use while breastfeeding
- Altraz is found to cause blurred vision or dizziness, please avoid driving if any of these symptoms are seen.
- Altraz should be used with caution in patients suffering from severe kidney diseases. Dose alterations may be needed. Please consult your doctor. No dose alterations are needed in patients with mild or moderate kidney disease.
- Altraz tablet should be used to caution in patients suffering from liver diseases. Dose alteration may be needed. Please consult your doctor. No dose alterations are needed in patients with moderate or mild liver diseases.
Q1. Does Altraz cause weight gain?
Ans. Yes, there is a possibility of weight gain while consuming this medication, but it is rare. Weight gain could also occur due to other reasons such as menopause. However, if you consume this medicine keep a close eye on your diet and exercise.
Q2. Does Altraz cause hair loss?
Ans. Yes, Altraz causes hair loss, it is a common side effect. Hair loss occurs due to the thinning of the hair. Hair thinning could also occur due to low levels of oestrogen in the body. These are not permanent and might improve with time.
Q3. Can Altraz be taken at night?
Ans. This drug can be taken at any time. Take it exactly as directed by the body.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.