Quantity : 60 Doses
SERETIDE INHALER - 50 MCG / 100 MCG
Seretide inhaler -50mcg/100mcg consists of 2 medicines that help expand the airways to facilitate easy breathing. This medicine treats asthma and COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder). COPD is a lung disorder where the airflow to the lungs is obstructed. The doctor will let you know the correct way to use this inhaler. You will notice the results of this inhaler in a few days, but, to get maximum benefits, you should wait a few weeks.
Uses of Seretide inhaler
- Treats COPD
How Seretide Diskus -50mcg/100mcg works?
This inhaler consists of two medicines -Salmeterol and Fluticasone Propionate. The first medicine relaxes and expands the airway muscles and the second one stops the production of some chemical messengers that lead to swelling of airways to promote easy breathing.
How to use this inhaler (inhalation capsule)?
Follow the directions of your medical expert while using this inhaler.
- Learn the appropriate method of using this inhalation capsule from your medical expert. It is better to use it under the guidance of a medical expert when using it for the first time. It will help the medical expert correct you if you use it incorrectly.
- Also, go through the instructions you can see on the leaflet or label of this medicine.
- Ensure that you practice good oral hygiene by rinsing your mouth each time you use this inhaler. Avoid swallowing the water while rinsing the mouth. It will prevent infection of the throat & mouth.
- This medicine is meant for inhalation so do not swallow it.
- Use warm water to gargle after using this inhaler to prevent a fungal infection of the throat and mouth.
- Your medical expert may track your blood potassium levels as low levels of oxygen in your blood and the use of this inhaler can reduce the potassium levels.
Dosage of seretide inhaler
If you end up using more of this medicine, contact your medical expert or visit the hospital nearest to your place immediately as it can result in some severe complications.
If you end up missing a dose of this medicine, use it as soon as you recollect. If you think the next dose is in line, skip the missed dose and return to the normal dosing timetable.
- Upper respiratory tract infection
- Infection of nasal passages and throat passages
- Stomach discomfort
- Sinus inflammation
- Fungal infection of the throat
- Fast heartbeat
- Voice change
General warnings for Seretide inhaler -50mcg/100mcg inhaler
Speak to your doctor if you have the following health conditions
- Thyroid disease
- Viral, bacterial, or fungal infections.
- Heart disease or high blood pressure.
- Low potassium in the blood.
- Pregnant or planning a baby.
- Taking any other steroid drugs orally/injections.
- Observe severe symptoms after using the inhaler.
Conditions where you should avoid using this inhaler
Before using this inhaler, you should know about some conditions where this medicine should not be used like
- If you have an allergic reaction to any of the ingredients of this inhaler.
- If you are not tolerant of milk.
Medicines that can interact with Seretide inhaler -50mcg/100mcg inhaler
- Be alert while using blood pressuring reducing medicines with this inhalation capsule.
- Medicines to treat bacterial, fungal, and viral infections can cause severe side effects.
- If you are using steroid injections or tablets, using this inhalation capsule with them can increase the chances of side effects. So, use them very cautiously.
- Notify your medical expert about all medicines and supplements you are taking before he puts you on treatment with this inhaler.
Precautions to take, while using a seretide inhaler?
While using this inhalation capsule, taking some precautions will help the medicine work great for you.
- Do not forget to carry this inhalation capsule wherever you go.
- Keep a new inhaler always in stock before the previous one finishes.
- Use the inhaler correctly.
- If you notice any severe side effects or symptoms tell your doctor immediately.
- Rinsing the mouth after 15 minutes of using this inhaler is the best practice to maintain oral hygiene.
- Practice oral hygiene while using this inhaler.
Things to remember while using this inhalation capsule/inhaler
- Using it regularly will give you good results.
- Continue using it even if the symptoms disappear and the treatment course ends.
- If you discontinue using this inhaler, your asthma or COPD problem can turn severe.
- This inhalation capsule will not help with asthma attacks that occur suddenly. In such cases, you need a relief inhaler.
- To help the inhaler work best for you, learn the exact technique to use the inhaler.
- You may notice some side effects like fungal infection in the mouth, infection in the respiratory tract, sore throat, joint or muscle pain, etc. In such a case, do not stop using it but speak to your medical expert.
- You can prevent some side effects by rinsing your throat/mouth and brushing your teeth after you use the inhaler.
- There are hardly any rare side effects. You can discuss with your medical expert to know about them if any.
- Try to avoid situations that can make your asthma severe like smoking etc.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is this Accuhaler?
Seretide inhaler 50mcg/100mcg is an inhalation medicine that reduces the symptoms of obstructive airway diseases such as COPD and asthma.
How does this inhaler offer easy breathing?
This inhaler comprises two medicines that relax and expand air passages of the lungs and reduce infection.
Is this inhaler a type of reliever or controller medicine?
This medicine is a controller for regular use as told by the medical expert. It will not help to offer relaxation in severe symptoms of respiratory problems.
Does this inhalation capsule consist of steroids?
Yes, this inhalation capsule consists of steroids that help fight breathing problems that arise due to asthma and COPD. Well, inhaled medicines have lower side effects than injections or tablets.
Will I experience side effects while using Seretide Diskus - 50mcg/100mcg?
The common side effects you may experience while using this inhaler are headache, voice changes, vomiting, nausea, hoarseness, etc.
Can using this inhaler make me addicted to it?
No. You will not get an addiction to this inhaler as it is a helpful inhaler for individuals facing breathing problems because of COPD & asthma.
Will this inhaler offer better results if I use it more often?
No. Do not use this inhaler more often than prescribed by your physician. Doing so can elevate the chances of severe side effects than giving you better benefits. In case you think your symptoms are not improving with the prescribed doses, speak to your medical expert for re-assessment.
Is it okay to miss a dose of this inhaler? What if I forget a dose?
Take the missed dose once you realize it and skip the missed dose if the next dose is on schedule. Get back to the regular dosing timetable.
Is this inhaler advisable for diabetic people?
Seretide Diskus 50mcg/100mcg inhaler can elevate blood sugar levels. So, you need to check your blood sugar levels regularly. Discuss with your medical expert for further details.
Does Seretide Diskus 50mcg/100mcg cause low potassium levels
The active ingredient in this inhaler can lower the potassium levels in the body. If you have this problem, tell your doctor before using this inhaler as it can cause heart problems.
What are the things I need to discuss with the doctor before starting treatment with this inhaler?
Ensure that you share the details of all medicines you are taking currently, and the health issues you have so that you don’t have to face any side effects due to drug interactions. Also, ask if you have any other doubts regarding health issues or using this inhaler.
How to store this inhaler properly?
This inhaler needs to be stored away from direct sunlight, and heat at room temperature. Make sure kids or pets should not touch this medicine.
I am suffering from fits. Is it advisable to use this inhaler?
Use this inhaler with extra care under the supervision of the medical expert if you have fits. Salmeterol may cause stimulation of the central nervous system which can result in negative conditions. Discuss with your physician before using this inhaler if you have fits.
Can I drink alcohol while using this inhalation capsule?
The interaction of this inhaler with alcohol is not known. Still, if you drink excess alcohol, speak to your medical expert about it.
When can I stop using this inhaler?
Keep using this inhaler for the duration suggested by the doctor. Keep using it until the doctor asks you to discontinue. If you stop using it suddenly or alter the dose of this inhaler, it can result in severe breathing problems.
Can pregnant women use this inhaler?
This inhaler is not safe for pregnant women. You should consult a medical expert to assess the benefits and risks.
Your review is submitted successfully. It will be live after approval, and it takes up to 24 hrs.